Savoric & Partners has advised Agrofert on the acquisition of Agronom in Croatia. Kovacevic Prpic Simeunovic advised Agronom on the deal.
According to Savoric & Partners, Agrofert has acquired 70% of Agronom’s shares, with the current owner, Darko Aracic, keeping the other 30%. “This transaction is the direct entry of Agrofert into the Croatian market with agricultural inputs and goods, and it is the first capital investment of Agrofert in Croatia. Agrofert, based in Prague, which is active in the chemical industry, fertilizer production, agriculture, food production, and forestry, has an important place in Central and Eastern Europe.”
Agronom is one of the largest companies operating in Croatian agriculture through raw materials and contracting agricultural production with farmers, grain and oilseed stores, managing its own primary agricultural production, as well as the distribution of tractors and agricultural machinery.
Savoric & Partners’ team included Partners Nina Radic-Kuzik and Mia Lazic, Senior Associate Ivan Ivkovic, and Associates Dominik Zugaj and Martin Hren.
The Kovacevic Prpic Simeunovic team included Partner Dinka Kovacevic and Trainee Tin Anicic.